Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Today's Bay Minette Brown Warbler

I get a subscription to a small town newspaper so that I can keep my finger on the pulse of fly-over country. To stay familiar with my roots, I’m going to post an article from the Bay Minette Brown Warbler every once in awhile. Who couldn’t benefit from a little Americana?

John Edward Tapped for Other End of Kerry Ticket:

Amid a groundswell of anticipation, John Kerry selected TV psychic John Edward to be the man to complement his presidential bid. A political newcomer, Edward is the host of the Sci-Fi Network’s popular show Crossing Over with John Edward. Democratic strategists hope that Edward can use his strong presence on the stump to séance the masses of dead voters that have been disappearing from Chicago’s registration rolls. “Deceased voters lean strongly Democratic. I can’t explain why really, but I think it probably has something to do with social security,” said a top DNC official. “John Edward can cross over to that second America with which he is so familiar: the underworld.”

Senator Kerry expressed his solid support for Edward through the course of the selection process. “I passed him over before I selected him,” said Kerry.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home